Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week 9: #21

I have used podcasts in the past for listening to my son's hockey games when I can't be at the game. Also, I like listening to some of NPR's programs when I haven't been around to hear the program on the radio.
It was interesting to look at some of the educational podcasts - there are quite a few. I added a RSS feed for TechSavvyGirlz. They are a group of school aged girls, not sure what age, that use technology to talk about different topics in school such as class trips, digital art, authors - both student authors and adult authors such as Gary Soto. It would be a fun activity to do with a group of students - I think they would really enjoy it.

1 comment:

Ann said...

That Techsavvygirlz sounds like an interesting one to hear. There are also a couple of children's book review ones (reviewed by adults) that are interesting. -

BookWink: Video book reviews for grades 3-8 can be searched by Subject, Grade Level, Author, and Title Recommended by an elementary librarian in the Raven About Web 2.0 online class.

Just One More Book!: Podcast style book reviews. Can be searched by title, subject and author. Vast number of reviews are available. Recommended by an elementary librarians in the Raven About Web 2.0 class.