Monday, July 14, 2008

Week 7: #16

I looked at two Wiki's. One was the Booklover's Wiki from Princeton Public Library. I liked it a lot - people gave reviews about various genres of books but the one that I was hoping that they had they didn't have - children's books. Otherwise I liked it and probably visit it again.

I also looked at the Libary Instruction Wiki and didn't like that so much. Not so much applied to my situation as an elementary librarian. Also, I looked at Library 2.0 ideas and they are all computer based and I have limited computer lab time with my students.

As for using Wiki's in the library - I like the idea of note taking and then writing a report about it. I think that I would work with a teacher on that - possibly space with the 6th graders. Maybe another idea for teaching internet safety also.

1 comment:

Ann said...

A lot of the power of wikis is that they are easy to update and they can be very collaborative. Check out Faith Johnson's East HS Library Wiki - it is amazing http://easthighlibrary.wikispaces.com/

Ann