Thursday, July 10, 2008

Week 6: #14

Ok, this assignment was overwhelming and not as much fun. I do have a bad headache so maybe that's it! I really don't see myself using this much but maybe I'll try it another day and I will like it better. I did a search on school library web 2.0 and came up with quite a few posts but not very many seemed very useful. They were just picking up key words so a lot didn't have anything to with what I was looking for. I then looked at the blogs and almost every one was had potential so I thought that one was better. I hope I was doing it right.
I think it would be hard to always think of the right "tag" to search. Not everyone's mind works the same way - even my mind doesn't always work the same way every day. Doing a search in Webcat I type in what I think is reasonable sometimes and I don't get anything. As a whole, though, I think that tagging is a great idea to organize your websites and favorite blogs.

1 comment:

Ann said...

On the tagging thing, consistency is the key (which makes me feel doomed from the start) I worked hard to name my files logically, but I just don't always think of the same tags for similar items. Guess it will take more practice.

I have to admit that the technorati search left me, how does my niece put it...under whelmed :-) I tend to have much better luck finding things through recommendation and in reviews in professional journals. I haven't played much with the directory in Technorati. I will have to go back and look at that.

Ann