Monday, July 14, 2008

Week 7: #17

I went to the curriculum wiki for the first time and people have really been adding some good ideas! I know I should have adding as I've been going along, but I was leaving what I thought to be the hardest for the last. But looking at what other people are coming up with I think I might be able to do it!

So the wiki seems like it might really work in a library setting. I liked the ideas of reviewing books - ones that are classroom projects as well as YRC and maybe Battle of the Books. Internet safety discussion on a wiki might be good too. There's a lot of students that don't really participate in the discussion in class but they might in a wiki.

Also, I was complaining in a previous blog that I didn't see many library lessons for elementary librarians so we elementary librarians could set up our own wiki for library ideas.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I think you've hit on one of the most powerful benefits of many of these web 2 tools in that students who don't feel comfortable speaking up in class can use it in their time frame and consider and even revise before posting so they feel more comfortable and become more engaged in learning.

Check out Faith's East HS Wiki - her front page is down for construction but the rest of it is worth a look. http://easthighlibrary.wikispaces.com/Works+Cited

I love the idea of having a wiki to place library lessons on.

Ann

Beach Dreamer said...

I like that idea alot. I am always looking for new ideas!

Pekochan said...

I felt the same way about not finding enough resources for elementary libraries. We are going to have to step up and start building and sharing ideas. Wikis would be a great place to start!
Susan K.