Monday, July 14, 2008

Chapter 7: Web 2.0

Chapter 7 discusses online safety and security something that we all think about and worry about for our students and our own children. I know that every day kids are exposed to things that we have no idea about - it almost seems impossible to stop it. We have to be really vigilant about talking, talking, and talking to all these young people about the dangers of the internet!

I didn't really think about the safety issue of all the things that we have been learning about in this class - I was just thinking about how cool everything was. Now I'm hoping that I can share these things and still keep the kids safe.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I think that one of the keys to creating net savvy and safe kids is that it has to come from everyone, not just a select few. As a Geography teacher, every time we went to the lab we reviewed the list of safety issues and Site evaluation list and added anything new we thought of. Only took a couple of minutes and reinforced what our Tech Coordinator was doing. Also, because I was on team, and all of the team teachers used to strategy, it became part of the culture of the team.

Ann