Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chapter 10: Web 2.0

Chapter 10 includes some of the web tools that we have been learning about in the class plus some others that sound quite interesting. Some that I would like to try and investigate are:

Try Tux Paint which is comparable to Kid Pix - a good tool in elementary school I think.

Also, Num Sum a spreadsheet. I know there is already one in Google docs but I'm going to take a look at this one too.

Audacity sounds like fun if you're into editing sound.

Photo Story 3 for Windows is other tool for working with digital photos. It seems like there a few tools with this capability.

Class Blogmeister will come in handy if I want to set up a blog with a group of students on a topic.

Google Earth I have used and is fun and is great for studying geography.

Google Sketch Up would be a great tool for studying geometry, structures, and building models.

4 comments:

Ann said...

I have to admit that Google Earth is a secret passion of mine. It is just too fun for a former Geography teacher.

Ann

Mrs. McConnell said...

Hi - Facebook originally started off for college students only, then they started opening it up to HS students and then to everyone else...it was a little weird going from seeing my college friends and then seeing their parents on facebook!

Mrs. McConnell said...

BTW - I also moderate comments so I don't get any random inappropriate posts on a blog that I use for my classroom! :-) Your comments are posted now!

Leslie Gale said...

Thank for sharing your ideas. I love your ideas. I really like using Kid Pix to do simple projects with kids. But I don't have my own copy and so must do all my prepping at school. It is wonderful to have a site to play on and prep on at home.
At my school, a teacher had her students set up individual blog accounts. This went a rye. Class Blogmeister is a perfect tool to keep all things in check and in control.
Like Ann I like google earth. What a fascinating idea.