Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Week 8: #18

I am still waiting for the e-mail confirmation but explored a bit around the Zoho site. It is very cool. I can see this web based tool as being very useful. How many times do you have to drag your computer or thumb drive around so that you can continue to work on document! Using this program its always right there online and you can use any computer. My kids are in college and I know this is hard to believe but they still e-mail home documents for us to preview and add comments. With Zoho we can just go online and make corrections for them.

Ok, Zoho never came through on my e-mail so I'm trying Google docs and like that quite a bit. Wrote a document and shared it with me husband so we'll see if he gets it tomorrow and can do anything with it. He didn't seem to be too impressed when I tried to explain it to him, but I think it's great. It just seems like it's a lot easier to work with then an e-mail as far as editing.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I have to admit that I think GoogleDocs is right up there with Voice Threads and sliced bread for not only cool but very helpful. I have used googledocs to do word docs and spreadsheets that multiple people had to add to and it was so great to not have 10 of them that I then had to collapse into one.

I have looked at ZOHO but I haven't used it. Googledocs is what we use in the curriculum department.

Ann