Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Week 5: Thing 12

Voice thread is a very interesting tool. I can really see the advantage of using it over powerpoint. I imagine a lot of students know about it - if they don't they should learn about it. One place that I might use is with internet safety instruction. I could use it as a culminating activity with the students making their own voice thread presentation.

Wendy had some good ideas about posting mystery pictures or text from a book and having kids guess. That would be a good way to get the kids using voice thread.

1 comment:

Ann said...

One of the great things about VT is that it is so very easy to use and intuitive. The kids will just jump right in there with it.

I found that most kids didn't know about it, although that was from a year ago so that may be changing as there are a number of teachers now using it in ASD and these things spread like a virus with the kids.

Ann