Friday, July 18, 2008

Week 8:#19.1

I took a look at Digital Pipeline again - I took a class about it a couple of years ago. This is such a valuable tool and I bet it is very underutilized. When I took the class I thought it was a bit cumbersome, but it seems to have really improved and I had fun exploring.
I saved articles to a folder - this would good if you are gathering info about a topic and might not have time to look at them right away.
A journal alert and search alert if you are looking for new upcoming info like the election or new research on "green topics".
My favorite journal is available - School Library Journal- but I didn't see the reviews. If it had that I would not subscribe to it anymore.
I loved the consumer health databases and found pamphlets, images, but the videos wouldn't work because I didn't have something on my computer in order to run them.
All in all - a very valuable tool and everyone should be using it.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Digital Pipeline is terribly underutilized. There are so many great features for every level that I wish I could get more people to use it. So many don't know about it at all. I feel like I am sometimes talking to the wind :-)

I wish the reviews were available for SLJ too.

Ann