Thursday, June 26, 2008

Week 4: #8

I had absolutely no idea that this tool was available. I set up my account with bloglines - I tried first with Google Reader but the information was never sent to my e-mail so I tried bloglines and was successful. I added about 12 feeds to my account such as Rave Reviews log that previews children's books, About Dogs since I just got a new dog, Unshelved - a comic strip about library. I was reading some of the other feeds that other people added and I think I will add some of the feeds that Wendy talked about. Hopefully I will eventually have some good feeds that will help me save time especially for book reviews and if I can a good feed on lesson plans for library that would be great. So if anyone has any good ideas let me know!

1 comment:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

I have to admit that at first, I didn't get the whole RSS thing. I couldn't really see the point for me, but now that I have 5 blogs that I follow regularly and of course 9 class blogs I am following I love my RSS.

One of the blogs for book reviews that I love is Terri Lesesne http://professornana.livejournal.com/
It ranges from about 4th through HS/YA so you could get ideas for your older kiddos. If you find good review blogs for elementary, be sure to add them to the RAW Curriculum wiki.

Ann