Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Week 1: things 1 &2

This class is going to be so good for me! I absolutely have no confidence when it comes to technology so this is going to prove to me that I can do this. So I guess the hardest of the 7 1/2 habits for lifelong learners is having confidence in myself as a competent effective learner. I need to step out of my comfort zone once in awhile and try something new and scary. I almost always find out that I can do whatever it is that seems so difficult.
The easiest habit I think for me is play. If I know that what I'm doing is not such a serious thing and I'm just "playing" and having fun then I am able to relax and learn.

2 comments:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

Sometimes it just takes that little push to get us stretching our horizons ( and sometimes it takes a serious shove to get us over the edge :-) Luckily, a lot of what this class does is play.....play with flickr, voicethread, etc. Have fun and good luck with the stretch. Let me know if you have any problems.

Ann

Soccer Mom (Kristen A) said...

I think trying new things also but they can be both fun and scary. You will be able to do a lot more with technology once this class is over. I try to stay ahead of my students in technology but it is becoming difficult since they seem to know everything,
Kristen